The British Columbia Ministry of Agriculture (AGRI) and the Irrigation Industry Association of British Columbia (IIABC) have prepared a number of documents that can assist irrigation system designers and managers in the design and operation of irrigation systems.
Direct links to the documents or how to order the document are provided for some publications.
The following documents provide information on general water conservation and irrigation scheduling techniques.
- Irrigation Tips to Conserve Water on the Farm AGRI Factsheet No. 500.310-1
- Irrigation Parameters for Efficient System Operation AGRI Factsheet No. 551.200-2
- Irrigation Scheduling Techniques AGRI Factsheet No. 577.100-1
- Irrigation Scheduling with Tensiometers AGRI Factsheet No. 577.100-2
- Determining Evapotranspiration with Evapotranspiration Pans AGRI Factsheet No. 577.100-6
- Crop Coefficients for Use in Irrigation Scheduling AGRI Factsheet No. 577.100-5
- Soil Water Storage Capacity and Available Soil Moisture AGRI Factsheet No. 619.000-1
Irrigation Scheduling Information
The following information is available on the design and operation of irrigation systems.
- Determining Turf Irrigation Requirements IIABC
- Evapotranspiration Rates for Turf Grass in British Columbia AGRI Factsheet No. 563.600-1
- IIABC Standards for Landscape Irrigation Systems IIABC
- Sprinkler Irrigation Scheduling Using a Water Budget Method AGRI Factsheet No. 577.100-3
- BC Sprinkler Irrigation Manual or obtain a hard copy from IIABC
- Trickle Irrigation Scheduling Using Evapotranspiration Data AGRI Factsheet No. 577.100-4
- BC Trickle Irrigation Manual
If you require further information, please contact Stephanie Tam at the British Columbia Ministry of Agriculture.