BC Guide To Irrigation Scheduling And Water Conservation
The Ministry of Agriculture and Lands (BCMAL) and the Irrigation Industry Association of British Columbia (IIABC) have prepared a number of documents that can assist irrigation system designers and managers in the design and operation of irrigation systems.
Direct links to the documents or how to order the document are provided for some publications.
The following documents provide information on general water conservation and irrigation scheduling techniques.
- Irrigation Tips to Conserve Water on the Farm BCMAL Order No. 500.310-1
- Irrigation Parameters for Efficient System Operation BCMAL Order No. 551.200-2
- Irrigation Scheduling Techniques BCMAL Order No. 577.100-1
- Irrigation Scheduling with Tensiometers BCMAL Order No. 577.100-2
- Determining Evapotranspiration with Evapotranspiration Pans BCMAL Order No. 577.100-6
- Crop Coefficients for Use in Irrigation Scheduling BCMAL Order No. 577.100-5
- Soil Water Storage Capacity and Available Soil Moisture BCMAL Order No. 619.000-1
Irrigation Scheduling Information
The following information is available on the design and operation of irrigation systems.
- Determining Turf Irrigation Requirements IIABC
- Evapotranspiration Rates for Turf Grass in British Columbia IIABC
- IIABC Standards for Landscape Irrigation Systems IIABC
- Sprinkler Irrigation Scheduling Using a Water Budget Method BCMAL Order No. 577.100-3
- BC Sprinkler Irrigation Manual IIABC
- Trickle Irrigation Scheduling Using Evapotranspiration Data BCMAL Order No. 577.100-4
- BC Trickle Irrigation Manual IIABC
To obtain a copy of the Excel spreadsheets contact the Ministry of Agriculture and Lands at 604-556-3100 or e-mail Stephanie.Tam@gov.bc.ca.