CLIMATE ADAPTATION - Strategies to Improve Forage Yield and Quality
Canada's Approach to Climate - Change Learn more about Canada’s approach to climate change. Upload comments and submissions to the public portal that the government has created for a national climate plan. Please tell the government what ideas you as farmers have to safeguard farmland and food security in the face of climate change.
- What are moisture sensors?
- Irrometer company show basic use of their equipment (http://www.irrometer.com/basics.html) - information on how to use Irrometer soil mositure equipment to optimize irrigation and maximize conservation
- Improved irrigation scheduling using soil mositure - VIDEO - Watch a presentation on research to improve irrigation methods with instrumentation.
- PFCA Project Interim Report: Optimize water applications to maximize forage yield during dry summers while at the same time minimizing nutrient losses (March 2017)
WINTER ANNUAL SPECIES
- PFCA Project Interim Report: Optimizing Corn-Cover Crop Systems for Production of Dairy Feed in a Changing Climate in B.C., Canada (March 2017)